The Town of Barnstable is happy to announce another round of COVID-19 Emergency Small Business Assistance Grants.
These $10,000 grants will assist 10 existing small (microenterprise) businesses located in the Town of Barnstable. Grants will cover wages, rent, utility bills, loss of inventory, and other fixed costs since the MA state of emergency declaration on March 10, 2020. Awardees are chosen in order of application receipt. The Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District is partnering with the Town to help administer this program.
Applications are available online at www.townofbarnstable.us/cdbg and are available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Paper copies are available at 491A Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601, and in the Planning and Development Department of Town Hall, 367 Main Street Hyannis, MA 02601.
Apply by 5:00 pm on March 1, 2022, by dropping off at either location or by emailing your application to Elizabeth Wurfbain at email@example.com.
- Must have an establishment in Barnstable and have no more than 5 employees.
- Business owners must be low- to moderate-income and self-certify their household income.
- Must have experienced at least a 25% revenue loss due to COVID-19 since March 10, 2020.
- Must have less than $2,000,000 in gross annual receipts.
- Must have no outstanding tax liens or legal judgments.
- Business owners must reside in and file their taxes in the USA.
- Franchises and chains are not eligible.
- Business owners cannot receive funds from another federal source for the same purpose.
- Business owners must comply with federal ERR requirements.