On Monday, June 5, 2023, MassDOT and contractor, SPS New England, will complete final restoration, including line striping, overnight on Bridges B-01-11 and B-01-06 over Route 149 and Route 6. Work will occur during the hours of 7:00PM and 5:00AM, weather pending.
As a result, Route 149 will be closed at the end of each bridge, with a full detour in place for the duration of the overnight shift. Motorists traveling during the overnight hours should expect delays, reduce speed and use caution.
Turn-By-Turn Detour Instructions:
Detour for 149 Northbound Traffic
1. Take second exit on roundabout to service Road East
2. Follow Service Road to the intersection of Oak Street
3. Turn left on to Oak Street, follow to the end, turn left onto Iyannough Road
4. At stop sign turn left onto Main Street follow to Parker Road, turn left on to Parker Road
5. Follow Parker Road, take slight right turn onto Church Street
6. Follow Church Street to end turn left onto Meeting House Way, straight to bridge.
Detour for 149 Southbound Traffic
1. From Meeting House Way turn left onto Church Street
2. Sight left on to Parker Road, follow Parker Road to Main Street
3. Turn right onto Main Street, follow Main Street to the intersection of Main Street and
4. Turn right on to Iyannough Road, then take next right onto Oak Street
5. Follow Oak Street to the intersection of Oak Street and Service Road
6. Turn right on to Service Road, follow Service Road to the Roundabout @ Route 149.
If you have any questions or wish to receive project updates, please contact the MassDOT District 5 Construction Office at 857-368-5104.