The Town of Barnstable has drafted its 2023 Annual Action Plan (AAP) for the Community Development Block Grant program. The 2023 AAP pertains to CDBG activities over the upcoming program year, covering the period of July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024. The Town anticipates receiving approximately $300,000 in federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in program year 2023 to address goals and objectives in the Town of Barnstable’s 2020 – 2025 Consolidated Plan. AAPs are required reports that outline usage of funds, priorities, needs, and goals of the CDBG program for each Consolidated Plan program year. The 2023 AAP is available for public review and comment before the Town submits for HUD approval. The Town will also be conducting an informational session for non-profit partners and members of the public who are interested in applying for CDBG funding for the 2023 program year.
The draft 2023 Annual Action Plan will be available for review as of Friday, February 24, 2023, on the Town website: https://www.townofbarnstable.us/CDBG or in the Planning & Development Department (PDD), 367 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Hyannis, MA 02601 between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. You may also contact Elizabeth Jenkins for a copy by email@example.com or calling the Planning and Development Department at 508-862-4678. Translations are available upon request. Las traducciones están disponibles a pedido. Envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org para conectarse a las opciones de idioma. As traduções estão disponíveis mediante solicitação. Envie um e-mail para email@example.com para se conectar às opções de idioma.
PUBLIC MEETING & INFO SESSION
The public is invited to participate in a virtual public meeting and informational session on the Annual Action Plan and applying for 2023 funding on Friday, February 24, 2023, at 2:00 pm via interactive online webinar. To join the Zoom meeting, please click or copy the following link: https://townofbarnstable-us.zoom.us/j/86946643930 or you can join by calling 888-475-4499. The Meeting ID is 869 4664 3930. Comments received during the meeting will be summarized in the final submission to HUD. Anyone unable to attend the meeting may submit written comments to the PDD office via mail or email per the instructions below.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Written comments received on or before 5pm on March 27, 2023, will be included in the final submission to HUD. Please submit written comments to:
Planning & Development Dept.
367 Main Street, 3rd Floor
Hyannis, MA 02601
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CDBG Comments” as the subject line.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Elizabeth Jenkins, Planning & Development Dept., 367 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Hyannis, MA 02601. Phone: 508-862-4678, TDD# 508-790-8901
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Elizabeth Jenkins, AICP
February 15, 2023 email@example.com
TOWN OF BARNSTABLE
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) PROGRAM
NOTICE OF FUND AVAILABILITY (NOFA)
The Town of Barnstable Planning and Development Department (PDD) is accepting proposals for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. CDBG is a federally-funded program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that provides affordable housing, economic opportunities, and a suitable living environment to low and moderate-income residents. The Town is anticipating receiving federal funds for the 2023 CDBG program year (7/1/2023 – 6/30/2024) in the amount of approximately $300,000.
Projects must address at least one of the 2020-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan goals and either:
- Create or preserve decent, affordable housing units for rent or homeownership;
- Create or retain jobs or economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons;
- Provide public improvements to facilities or infrastructure, and other public improvements; or
- Provide social services to low and moderate-income persons and special needs populations.
Preferences may be given to the following:
- Public services serving a limited clientele (LMC) population, including at-risk youth, the elderly, the homeless, veterans, and other vulnerable populations;
- Microenterprise or small business assistance to create or retain jobs and economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons (LMI);
- Eligible services to support, stabilize, and revitalize the Downtown Hyannis Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA);
- Activities addressing needs reported by Barnstable County Health and Human Services, the Barnstable Human Services Committee, the Area Agency on Aging, the Cape Cod & Islands Community Health Network Area, and other entities serving low-income, vulnerable, and underserved populations;
- Activities that create, preserve, or maintain affordable housing in the Town of Barnstable, including eligible rehabilitation activities;
- Applicants that agree to and demonstrate an ability to collect/maintain income documentation when applicable; and
- Applicants that demonstrate the ability to meet timely expenditure requirements and quarterly reporting requirements per HUD regulations.
*Please note that the Town of Barnstable is not covering administrative costs for awarded applicants, only program-related costs.
Translations are available upon request. Las traducciones están disponibles a pedido. Envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org para conectarse a las opciones de idioma. As traduções estão disponíveis mediante solicitação. Envie um e-mail para email@example.com para se conectar às opções de idioma.
Submission Instructions: The CDBG Pre-Application and Guidebook are available on the Town website: www.townofbarnstable.us/CDBG. Please complete and submit the pre-application by 5 pm on March 27, 2023. Please complete the pre-application before the CDBG application. If you have trouble accessing the pre-application, please email or call the PDD.
Contact Information: Elizabeth Jenkins, Director of Planning & Development: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 508-862-4678, TDD# 508-790-8901