Barnstable’s Natural Resources Program will offer two FREE shellfishing classes for kids:
SATURDAY JUNE 10* @ 11:00AM at Bridge St. Landing, Osterville
- Be prepared to get wet! The shellfish live in wet sand that gets covered by saltwater when the tide is high. Waders, hip boots or knee boots would be helpful. Protective gloves are necessary.
- Shellfish may be taken by hand or rake. Small (garden) hand rakes and trowels will be allowed for the young diggers.
- Attendees will receive a free “Clammer Kid” badge and an activity booklet.
- Shellfish that are legally harvested may be taken home. You do not need a license to attend the class and learn to dig, but you will need one to take home your catch.
- Certificates of Completion for this Clamming Class for Kids will be handed out as you leave with your catch.
- SHELLFISH REGULATIONS APPLY AS ALWAYS!