The Barnstable Police Department will be starting the 2nd annual Police Explorers Program for residents of the town ages 14-18.
Please see the information below regarding the program outlines and requirements. Contact us as soon as possible if you or a child/student you know is interested meets the requirements. The program will run every Wednesday afternoon during select weeks of the school year and will follow the Barnstable Public Schools academic calendar regarding school vacations and holidays. Email email@example.com with your name and contact information by Friday 11/19/21 if you or your student would like to be considered and an application will be sent to you.
• Hands on training
• Classroom instruction based on real life scenarios & officer’s experiences
• Ride-a-long opportunities
• Scenario-based finale to the program where Explorers will apply the skills and knowledge learned throughout the program.
• Must be between the ages of 14-18.
• Must reside in the town of Barnstable.
• Must not have any prior criminal convictions or serious traffic offenses.
• Must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must have parental permission & sign a hold harmless release.
• Must complete an application to Learning for Life – Police Explorers of America.
• Must complete the Youth Protection: Personal Safety Awareness training upon acceptance.
• Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher/counselor/educator.
• Must be available/attend 75% of the sessions to be considered/remain in the program.
• Accepted Explorers will cover programs fee of $42 and some uniforms expenses.
• Scholarship opportunities may be available.
Interested Applicants Please Complete a Police Explorers Application by Friday 11/19/21