Daytime Intersection Demolition Operations at Iyannough (Route 28) and Yarmouth Roads
Work will be conducted on Monday, May 9, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. A detour will be in place and local business access in area will be maintained
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing it will be performing daytime demolition operations on an existing intersection improvement project located on Route 28 at Yarmouth Road in Barnstable. The work will be conducted from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday, May 9. The work is anticipated to be completed in one day. The former “KAM” building located at 201 Yarmouth Road will be removed as part of an ongoing intersection improvement project.
The demolition operations will require that Yarmouth Road be temporarily closed with a detour in place between Route 28 and Camp Street. The detour is as follows:
Northbound traffic from Route 28
- Take Route 28 eastbound to Camp Street.
- Take a left onto Camp Street.
- Take a right turn onto Yarmouth Road.
Southbound traffic on Yarmouth Road
- Take a left turn onto Camp Street.
- Take a right turn onto Route 28.
- Continue on Route 28 to the intersection with Yarmouth Road.
Local business access will be permitted between Camp Street and Old Yarmouth Road. Traffic will be allowed but slightly detoured around the work zone using Ferndock Road and Old Yarmouth Road.
Emergency vehicle access will be permitted through the work zone. Police details will be utilized to manage traffic.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and/or may be impacted due to an emergency.
For information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.