TOWN OF BARNSTABLE
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) PROGRAM
NOTICE OF FUND AVAILABILITY (NOFA)
HYANNIS, MA – The Town of Barnstable Planning and Development Department (PDD) is accepting proposals for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. CDBG is a federally-funded program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that provides affordable housing, economic opportunities, and a suitable living environment to low and moderate-income residents.
The Town is anticipating receiving federal funds for the 2022 CDBG program year (7/1/2022 – 6/30/2023) in the amount of $315,000. This amount is in addition to available CDBG-CV funds totaling $211,000 for COVID-19 response and recovery. Please note the CARES Act waived the 15% cap for these funds to support public service activities that address COVID-19. CDBG-CV activities are subject to the Stafford Act that prohibits duplication of benefits.
Projects must address at least one of the 2020-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan goals and either:
- Create or preserve decent, affordable housing units for rent or homeownership;
- Create or retain jobs or economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons;
- Provide public improvements to facilities or infrastructure, and other public improvements; or
- Provide social services to low and moderate-income persons and special needs populations.
Preferences may be given to the following:
- Activities to assist in COVID-19 recovery efforts;
- Public services serving a limited clientele (LMC) population, including at-risk youth, the elderly, the homeless, veterans, and other vulnerable populations;
- Microenterprise or small business assistance to create or retain jobs and economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons (LMI);
- Eligible services to support, stabilize, and revitalize the Downtown Hyannis Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA);
- Activities addressing needs reported by Barnstable County Health and Human Services, the Barnstable Human Services Committee, the Area Agency on Aging, the Cape Cod & Islands Community Health Network Area, and other entities serving low-income, vulnerable, and underserved populations;
- Activities that create, preserve, or maintain affordable housing in the Town of Barnstable, including eligible rehabilitation activities;
- Applicants that agree to and demonstrate an ability to collect/maintain income documentation when applicable; and
- Applicants that demonstrate the ability to meet timely expenditure requirements and quarterly reporting requirements per HUD regulations.
*Please note that the Town of Barnstable is not covering administrative costs for awarded applicants, only program-related costs.
Submission Instructions: The CDBG Pre-Application and Guidebook are available on the Town website: www.townofbarnstable.us/CDBG. Please complete and submit the pre-application by 5 pm on April 15, 2022. Please complete the pre-application before the CDBG application. If you have trouble accessing the pre-application, please email or call the PDD.
Contact Information: Elizabeth Jenkins, Director of Planning & Development: email@example.com. Phone: 508-862-4678, TDD# 508-790-8901