Municipality Work Notification Form
Project Location (City/Town): Barnstable – Route 149 over Route 6
Estimated Start Date of Work: Monday 10/17/2022 with a rain date of Tuesday 10/18/22
Project Type: Bridge Barrier Replacement
Description of Work: Shifting traffic from Stage 1 (149 NB) to Stage 2 (149 SB). This includes temporary barrier resetting and temporary impact attenuator resetting. Once complete, temporary line painting will be installed for new traffic shift on Route 149.
Contractor: SPS New England
Hours of Operation (Day/Night): 8:00PM-5:30AM
Description of Traffic Management: Closure of Route 149 at each bridge approach
Estimated Duration of Work: 1 Night
Additional Information: Crews will be working to shift the work zone from the east side of the bridges to the west side. There will be no access during this time. The following page provides turn-by-turn instructions for the detour that will be in place. Also, attached is the approved detour plan.
Turn-By-Turn Detour Instructions:
Detour for 149 Northbound Traffic
- Take second exit on roundabout to service Road East
- Follow Service Road to the intersection of Oak Street
- Turn left on to Oak Street, follow to the end, turn left onto Iyannough Road
- At stop sign turn left onto Main Street follow to Parker Road, turn left on to Parker Road
- Follow Parker Road, take slight right turn onto Church Street
- Follow Church Street to end turn left onto Meeting House Way, straight to bridge.
Detour for 149 Southbound Traffic
- From Meeting House Way turn left onto Church Street
- Sight left on to Parker Road, follow Parker Road to Main Street
- Turn right onto Main Street, follow Main Street to the intersection of Main Street and Iyannough Road
- Turn right on to Iyannough Road, then take next right onto Oak Street
- Follow Oak Street to the intersection of Oak Street and Service Road
- Turn right on to Service Road, follow Service Road to the Roundabout @ Route 149.