The Town of Barnstable Planning and Development Department is accepting proposals for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. CDBG is a federally funded program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that provides affordable housing, economic opportunities, and a suitable living environment to low and moderate-income residents.
The Town is anticipating funds for the 2021 CDBG program year (7/1/2021 – 6/30/2022) in the amount of $279,381.20 and $181,767.44 in unexpended funds from the 2020 CDBG program year.
Projects must address at least one of the 2020-2025 5-Year Consolidated Plan goals and either:
- Create or preserve decent, affordable housing units for rent or homeownership;
- Create or retain jobs or economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons;
- Create public improvements to facilities or infrastructure and other public improvements; or
- Provide services to low and moderate-income persons and special needs populations.
Preferences may be given to the following:
- Activities to assist in the recovery efforts following COVID-19
- Public services assisting in COVID-19 recovery and serving a limited clientele population, including children, the elderly, the homeless, and other vulnerable populations.
- Micro-enterprise or small business assistance to retain or create jobs, or economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons.
- Services to support the downtown Hyannis Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA).
- Activities, projects, or organizations addressing critical needs reported by Barnstable County Health and Human Services, the Barnstable Human Services Committee, the Council on Aging, local hospitals, and others entities serving low-income, vulnerable, and underserved populations.
- Applicants that agree to and demonstrate an ability to collect/maintain income documentation when applicable
- Applicants that demonstrate the ability to meet timely expenditure requirements and regular reporting requirements per HUD regulations.
*Please note that the Town of Barnstable is not covering administrative costs for awarded applicants, only program-related costs.
Submission Instructions: The CDBG Pre-Application and Guidebook are available on the Town website: www.townofbarnstable.us/CDBG. Please complete and submit the pre-application by 5pm on September 30, 2021. Please complete the pre-application before the CDBG application. If you are having trouble accessing the pre-application, please email our office.
Contact Information: Elizabeth Jenkins, Director of Planning & Development: email@example.com, 508-862-4678.