In his latest Community Update, Town Manager Mark Ells addresses water quality in the summer months and provides a reminder of the Do’s and Don’ts of the Town of Barnstable’s Fertilizer Nitrogen and Phosphorous Control Regulations, identified as Chapter 78 of the Town of Barnstable Code. Excessive nutrient enrichment of the region’s groundwater and waterbodies, caused by improper or excessive applications of fertilizer, may result in significant public health ramifications. Some of these ramifications include detrimental effects on drinking water sources by increased concentrations of nitrates. This can have a negative impact on economic, environmental, and recreational resources and values in the Town and region. What we do on the land affects our water bodies.
November 2, 2021
- Town Manager update for period November 19, 2021 thru December 2, 2021
- Town Council Meeting – Thursday, December 12, 2021
- VINEYARD WIND Work Notices Week of November 29, 2021
- *UPDATED* Strawberry Hill Rd Sewer Expansion Project
- Rick Branscomb – “Cape Cod Drama” photographs Barnstable Town Hall ARTIST SPOTLIGHT Now through January, 2022